Glowing Resolutions: January 2016 at Oleander Aesthetics!
Happy New Year! I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday season and brought in the New Year with a bang. Maybe you've made some New Years resolutions? This year, resolve to also take better care of your skin. No more falling asleep with a full face of makeup or picking at blemishes; it’s time to create some fantastic skincare habits to help you look and feel our best this year. Here's a few tips to get you started…
- Make washing your face a priority. As mentioned above, avoid crashing at night without washing your face. Makeup left on overnight causes dirt and oil to build up and clog pores, increasing your chance for developing acne.
- Stop picking! I know, I know… This one is a hard one! Who actually enjoys seeing a zit on their face?! Nobody! So, when one appears, it’s really tempting to “pick” and/or “pop.” Don’t do it – it’s a bad habit! It can cause inflammation and infections by driving the bacteria deeper into the skin. Book a facial instead!
- Hydrate. Aim for 8 glasses of water a day. Water helps your body digest and flush out toxins, resulting in a clearer complexion.
- Eat Organic. Introduce more organic produce into your life. Pesticides on our foods are endocrine-disrupting – meaning they disrupt the proper flow of hormones through your body, which can cause acne and blemishes. After making a change like this, you may notice you get sick less, your nails are stronger, and even your hair will appear to be healthier and shinier.
- Stress less. Work on decreasing the stress in your life. High levels of stress hormones can cause systemic inflammation and subsequently, breakouts. Read every day for an hour, practice yoga, meditate, or take a weekly bath – whatever helps you to unwind.
- Use sunscreen… Always! Always wear sunscreen, even during the winter and even if your foundation already has SPF. And, stay out of tanning booths! Sun damage causes wrinkles, premature aging and increases sebum production which leads to acne.
- Exercise! Exercise has been linked to reversing signs of aging.
- Homecare. 80% of the change to our skin starts with our home care. Having a good cosmeceutical skin care routine is paramount in keeping skin looking refreshed, healthy and vibrant. It will also go a long way towards prevention of premature aging and wrinkles. IMAGE Skincare will get you there and is paraben free, petrochemical free and not tested on animals.
Product of the Month
Iluma Intense Brightening Exfoliating Powder
A uniquely luxurious polishing powder that gently cleanses and exfoliates all skin types. This ultrasoft micro-exfoliating blend removes debris and oil from pores while providing long-term hydration and anti-aging benefits. Contains a new generation of natural botanicals, enzymes and antioxidants to help skin reach a new level of radiance. Paraben free.