Hey IMAGE Skincare fans!
I have some exciting skincare news to share with you IMAGE has launched The Biome+ line, a new generation in CLEAN, CLINICAL, SUSTAINABLE, PETA approved and 1% For The Planet Skincare!
Also, a new completely CLEAR SPF joins the Prevention+ line of sun protection for ALL skin tones!
Did you know that our skin has its own microbiome or skin flora? The skin microbiome is composed of bacteria, mites, yeast and fungi. Sounds creepy I know, but it serves as a protective function against pathogenic microbes in the environment. When the skin microbiome is balanced and healthy, it maintains a pH level between 5.2 and 5.4 during the day and around 4.7 at night. A healthy, robust moisture barrier and hydration throughout the skin results in skin that looks smooth, radiant and youthfully resilient.
So how do we achieve this?
- Avoid harsh and stripping skincare products. The skin microbiome thrives when there is a diversity of beneficial microbes.
- Eat a diet diverse in plant based whole foods. Given the skin gut axis, it’s important to look after our guts in order to look after our skin.
- Consider the impact of lifestyle. Managing stress, getting enough quality sleep and movement are all factors that can help us manage our gut health and as a result, skin microbiome.
- Identify and remove trigger foods. The gut skin axis communicates bidirectionally. It’s therefore important to identify any foods or drinks that are causing symptoms and reduce or eliminate these from your diet.
What skincare Ingredients do we need for a healthy Skin Microbiome?
- Squalane: A natural component of sebum as well as an emollient found in vegetables, squalane is particularly a great natural moisturizer for the moisture barrier.
- Hyaluronic acid: This plumping powerhouse helps dry skin because it can aid in retaining moisture and hydration.
- Niacinamide: A form of vitamin B, niacinamide can be used to help keep skin hydrated and protect it from outside irritants.
Interested? Just reach out for a product pick up time.
See you soon,
Emma at OLEANDER AESTHETICS
PRODUCTS OF THE MONTH
BIOME+ DEW BRIGHT SERUM
This clinically proven oil-serum is a dual-benefit formula that deeply hydrates and resets radiance, helping to reignite a dewy, lit-from-within glow in dull skin. It contains fermented, cross-linked hyaluronic acid, attracting water to the skin and locking it in place for long-lasting hydration. Certified microbiome-friendly squalane helps to enhance elasticity to restore the feeling of smoothness, suppleness and youthful bounce to the skin. This serum features a trio of natural dullness-diminishing ingredients: Niacinamide to help smooth and even out the skin’s appearance, micro-sunflower extract to help boost skin clarity and unify uneven tone and adaptogenic plant extracts to give skin a radiant glow.$69
PREVENTION® CLEAR SOLAR GEL SPF 30
This transparent sunscreen gel delivers broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection for all skin tones. With a luxurious, weightless finish and feel (and no white cast), the clear formula disappears into the skin while creating a gripping finish for makeup. Formulated with antioxidants vitamin C, vitamin E and green tea, along with fermented, plant-derived squalane, an emollient ingredient that helps to moisturize and smooth the skin. Perfect for daily use. $50